Notification to the Parties
No. 1010 Geneva, 19 December 1997
Master's Course in Management, Conservation and Control of Species
1. The International University of Andalusia (Universidad Internacional de Andalucía), with the close collaboration of the CITES authorities of Spain and the Secretariat, is organizing a Master's course in Management, Conservation and Control of Species Internationally Traded. The course will take place from 13 April to 4 July 1998.
2. The course will be given in Spanish at:
Universidad Internacional de Andalucía
Sede Antonio Machado
Plaza de Santa María, s/n
Telephone: (+3453) 74 27 75
Fax: (+3453) 74 29 75
3. The attached document contains detailed information of the Master's course and specifies the requirements for participation.
4. The maximum number of places for the course is 40. The International University of Andalusia has a restricted number of scholarships available (please see the attached document for details).
5. The CITES authorities of Spain and the Secretariat are making great efforts to obtain external funding to increase the number of scholarships.
6. All Parties are invited to assist in these efforts to obtain funding, in order to facilitate the participation in the Master's course of candidates from their own countries.
7. The Secretariat is very grateful to the International University of Andalusia and to the CITES authorities of Spain for their extraordinary endeavour to provide training for professional people who are or will be government officers in agencies responsible for the implementation of the Convention.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home