Notification to the Parties
No. 977 Geneva, 2 June 1997
Exports of Eunectes notaeus skins
1. By Notification to the Parties No. 384, dated 7 May 1986, the Secretariat informed the Parties that by Resolution No. 24/86 Argentina prohibits the export of live animals, as well as parts and derivatives of several species, included Eunectes notaeus.
2. Argentine Resolution No. 24/86 established a deadline of 180 days to export the stockpiles of specimens of the species covered by this Resolution.
3. However, for various reasons, the stockpiles of skins of Eunectes notaeus were not exported before the deadline established by Resolution No. 24/86.
4. The CITES Management Authority of Argentina initiated a process of consultation with the Animals Committee and the Secretariat to determine what could be done. In 1992, the Animals Committee, in the context of implementation of Resolution Conf. 8.9, recommended to Argentina to register and mark stocks of Eunectes notaeus skins legally held within the country.
5. By Resolution No. 333/96, the CITES Management Authority of Argentina has authorized the exports of the stockpiles of Eunectes notaeus skins duly registered and tagged and has communicated to the Secretariat detailed information on the tagging system used.
6. The Argentine CITES export permits covering skins of this species indicate in Box No. 5 "Special conditions":
SRNyAH 333/96 Res. Planilla adjunta de precintos xxx al xxx (Attached sheets with tags numbers, from xxx to xxx).
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home