Notification to the Parties
No. 1999/02 Geneva, 29 January 1999
Exports of specimens of fauna and flora
1. By the adoption of Supreme Decree No. 0052-91-AG, Peru has prohibited the export of specimens of all species of wild orchids indefinitely, except for cut flowers and for specimens intended for scientific research.
2. The Management Authority of Peru has informed the Secretariat that, from 29 August 1998, the export of all specimens of any species of wild fauna and flora (including parts and derivatives) originating in Peru will require an export permit.
3. The Management Authority of Peru requests the Parties, if their domestic legislation permits it, to require the presentation of this permit for all imports of specimens of wild fauna and flora from Peru, including species that are not included in the CITES appendices.
4. The Secretariat urges the Parties to co-operate to the fullest extent possible with the Government of Peru in its effort to control exports of specimens of wild fauna and flora.
5. This Notification replaces Notification to the Parties No. 560.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home