Notification to the Parties
No. 1999/46 Geneva, 1 July 1999
Forty-second meeting of the Standing Committee
1. On behalf of Mr R.G. Hepworth (United Kingdom), Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Conference of the Parties, the Secretariat hereby informs the Parties that the 42nd meeting of the Standing Committee is scheduled to be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from 28 September to 1 October 1999. It will be preceded, on 27 September, by a meeting of the Finance Subcommittee of the Standing Committee. Both meetings will take place at the following address:
Rua Castilho, 11
2. The provisional Agenda of the meeting of the Standing Committee will be sent with a Notification at the end of July 1999.
3. Parties that are members of the Standing Committee are convened to attend its 42nd meeting and the meeting of the Finance Subcommittee. Other Parties are invited to participate as observers.
4. In accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Standing Committee, all participants will be required to present official credentials, which may be submitted to the Secretariat in advance or on the first day of attendance at the meeting. The original document should be presented, not a photocopy.
5. Details of the hotels pre-booked for participants in the meeting of the Standing Committee will be circulated in July 1999.
6. Please note that the Secretariat is unable to provide any financial assistance for participants other than members of the Standing Committee.
7. The Secretariat reminds Parties that their representatives may require visas. They may wish to submit a copy of this Notification together with their application.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home