Notification to the Parties
No. 1999/67 Geneva, 30 September 1999
Exports of specimens of fauna and flora
1. The Secretariat would like to draw the attention of the Parties to the stricter domestic measures that have been applied by Peru since 28 August 1989 whereby, for the export of all specimens of any species of wild fauna and flora (including parts and derivatives) originating in Peru, an export permit is required.
2. The Management Authority of Peru requests the Parties, if their domestic legislation permits it, to require the presentation of this permit for all imports of specimens of wild fauna and flora from Peru, including species that are not included in the CITES appendices.
3. However, with the adoption of Administrative Decree No. 094-99-INRENA of 26 July 1999, all transformed timber products, with the exception of those derived from Cedrela odorata and Swietenia macrophylla, are excluded from these permit requirements.
4. By the adoption of Supreme Decree No. 0052-91-AG, Peru has prohibited the export of specimens of all species of wild orchids indefinitely, except for cut flowers and specimens intended for scientific research.
5. The Secretariat urges the Parties to co-operate to the fullest extent possible with the Government of Peru in its effort to control exports of specimens of wild fauna and flora.
6. This Notification replaces Notification to the Parties No. 1999/02 of 29 January 1999.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home