Notification to the Parties
No. 1999/73 Geneva, 30 September 1999
Slide Pack 'CITES and Plants'
1. The Secretariat provides herewith, to Parties only, a training package on CITES implementation for plants.
2. This slide pack has been produced by the Scientific Authority for plants of the United Kingdom, in co-operation with others, to improve training and awareness of the Convention with respect to its implementation for plants.
3. The pack has been designed for a wide range of audiences. Without alteration it may be most useful to those with a specific, technical interest in the Convention, such as CITES Management Authorities, Scientific Authorities, enforcement officers, scientists, botanic gardens staff etc.
4. It can also easily be adapted by including information relevant at the local level.
5. The production of the slide pack was financially supported by the CITES Secretariat and the Management Authority of the United Kingdom.
6. Additional copies can be obtained from:
Mrs Marianne Sandison
Conventions and Policy Section
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Surrey, TW9 3AE
Fax: (+4420) 8332-5757
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home