Notification to the Parties
No. 1999/84 Geneva, 5 November 1999
Scientific institutions entitled to the exemption
provided in Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention
1. Pursuant to Resolution Conf. 2.14 adopted by the Conference of the Parties at its second meeting (San José, 1979), the Secretariat has communicated to the Parties lists of scientific institutions registered by the Management Authorities of some Parties. Such registered institutions are entitled to the exemption for non-commercial loan, donation or exchange of museum and herbarium specimens provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention.
2. This Notification is an addendum to Notification to the Parties No. 1999/10 of 29 January 1999. Earlier additions were provided through Notifications to the Parties No. 1999/35 of 30 April 1999, No. 1999/55 of 30 July 1999 and No. 1999/69 of 30 September 1999.
3. At the request of the Management Authority of China, the Secretariat herewith communicates the following addition to the list of scientific institutions entitled to the exemption provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention
Institute of Zoology
The Chinese Academy of Sciences
4. In accordance with the provisions of paragraph b ii) of Resolution Conf. 2.14, the Management Authorities of Parties that have not yet done so are invited to communicate to the Secretariat as soon as practicable the names and addresses of the institutions registered and thus authorized to apply the simplified procedure provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention, or to inform the Secretariat, as the case may be, that no scientific institution of their country is registered for this purpose.
5. When communicating their lists, Management Authorities are invited to assign to each institution a three-digit number chosen at their convenience. The two additional letters of the code will be attributed by the Secretariat under the system adopted by the Conference of the Parties [see Resolution Conf. 2.14, paragraph x)].
6. The Secretariat would appreciate receiving, for communication to the other Parties, samples of the labels used by all the Management Authorities concerned.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home