Notification to the Parties
No. 1999/85 Geneva, 5 November 1999
1. Article VIII, paragraph 7(a), of the Convention requires Parties to submit annual reports of the trade in specimens of the species included in Appendices I, II and III.
2. In Resolution Conf. 9.4 (Rev.), the Conference of the Parties to the Convention:
URGES all Parties to submit their annual reports required under the provisions of Article VIII, paragraph 7(a), of the Convention in accordance with the 'Guidelines for the Preparation and Submission of CITES Annual Reports' distributed by the Secretariat with Notification to the Parties No. 788 dated 10 March 1994, as may be amended by the Secretariat from time to time with the concurrence of the Standing Committee.
3. At the 42nd meeting of the Standing Committee (Lisbon, 28 September to 1 October 1999), the Secretariat proposed a revision of the above-mentioned guidelines. The proposed revision was intended primarily: to update the text where it was out of date; to clarify the text where it was unclear; to implement Decision 10.131 regarding the units to be used for reporting trade in timber; and to suggest changes in the ways in which certain coral specimens may be reported, taking into account discussions in the Animals Committee, and the contents of document Doc. 10.65 and Notification to the Parties No. 1999/41.
4. The Standing Committee approved the revised guidelines, but noted that it would be necessary to consider further the reporting of trade in coral specimens.
5. The Secretariat therefore transmits to the Parties herewith the revised 'Guidelines for the preparation and submission of CITES annual reports'.
6. This Notification replaces Notification to the Parties No. 788 of 10 March 1994.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home