Notification to the Parties
No. 2000/011 Geneva, 31 January 2000
Scientific institutions entitled to the exemption
provided in Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention
1. Pursuant to Resolution Conf. 2.14 adopted by the Conference of the Parties at its second meeting (San José, 1979), the Secretariat has communicated to the Parties lists of scientific institutions registered by the Management Authorities of many Parties. Such registered institutions are entitled to the exemption for non-commercial loan, donation or exchange of museum and herbarium specimens provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention.
2. These lists have been communicated under Notifications to the Parties Nos. 1999/10 of 29 January 1999, 1999/35 of 30 April 1999, 1999/55 of 30 July 1999, 1999/69 of 30 September 1999 and 1999/84 of 5 November 1999. The first of these Notifications also indicated that some Parties were not granting entitlements to the exemptions provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention to any of their scientific institutions.
3. The Secretariat herewith transmits to the Parties a recapitulatory list of scientific institutions entitled to the exemption provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention. This list takes into account additional information recently provided by the Management Authorities of Germany and the United States of America
4. In accordance with the provisions of paragraph b) ii) of Resolution Conf. 2.14, the Management Authorities of Parties that have not yet done so are invited to communicate to the Secretariat as soon as practicable the names and addresses of the institutions registered and thus authorized to apply the simplified procedure provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention, or to inform the Secretariat, as the case may be, that no scientific institution of their country is registered for this purpose.
5. When communicating their lists, Management Authorities are invited to assign to each institution a three-digit number chosen at their convenience. The two additional letters of the code will be attributed by the Secretariat under the system adopted by the Conference of the Parties [see Resolution Conf. 2.14, paragraph x)].
6. The Secretariat would appreciate receiving, for communication to the other Parties, samples of the labels used by all the Management Authorities concerned.
7. The present Notification to the Parties supersedes the Notifications enumerated in paragraph 2 above.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|