Notification to the Parties
No. 2000/024 Geneva, 23 March 2000
Control of operations artificially propagating specimens of Appendix-I species
1. Information on registration of nurseries artificially propagating specimens of Appendix-I species was provided in Notification to the Parties No. 1999/08 of 29 January 1999.
2. In Resolution Conf. 9.19 (Fort Lauderdale, 1994), the Conference of the Parties directs the Secretariat to compile and update a register of the operations that artificially propagate, for commercial purposes, specimens of species included in Appendix I.
3. The Management Authority of Chile has requested the Secretariat to register one nursery in its territory and has provided the Secretariat with all the relevant details, as required in Annex 2 of Resolution Conf. 9.19.
4. In accordance with the requirements of Annex 3 of Resolution Conf. 9.19, the Secretariat has reviewed and approved the request and has included in the 'Register of operations artificially propagating specimens of Appendix-I species for commercial purposes' the following nursery:
Avda. El Descanso 1230
Casassus Bulnes Mario y Otros
Species artificially propagated:
5. Parties are reminded that registration under Resolution Conf. 9.19 is not obligatory and that nurseries that are not registered may still continue exporting artificially propagated specimens of Appendix-I species using the standard procedures for obtaining export permits.
6. Parties that wish operations located in their territories to be entered in the Register are invited to provide the Secretariat with information about these operations as described in Resolution Conf. 9.19, in particular Annexes 1 and 2.
The registration number for each nursery is composed of the following elements:
- P, which refers to Plants
- The two-letter ISO code of the country on whose territory the operation is located
- For each Party a sequential number starting with 1001. (This is to avoid confusion with the numbers used for operations breeding animals, starting with 501 and the prefix A, and with the numbers used for the registered scientific institutions, starting with 001.)
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home