Notifications to the Parties
No. 2000/047 Geneva, 31 July 2000
Contribution to an evaluation of tree species using the new CITES listing criteria
1. At its ninth meeting (Darwin, Australia, June 1999), the Plants Committee considered a document prepared by the World Conservation Monitoring Centre (WCMC) on behalf of the CITES Management Authority of the Netherlands.
2. This publication (Contribution to an evaluation of tree species using the new CITES listing criteria) was considered a very useful and valuable source of information, but it was recognized that the information contained in it was not complete.
3. The Plants Committee therefore recommended that the Management Authority of the Netherlands distribute the document to all Parties, asking them to provide additional information or corrections as appropriate.
4. This Notification serves to inform the Parties that the Management Authority of the Netherlands will soon be distributing this publication.
5. The Plants Committee also recommended that this publication be made available on the WCMC Web site, and it now can be consulted at:
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home