Geneva, 9 February 2001
Scientific institutions entitled to the exemption
provided in Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention
1. Pursuant to Resolution Conf. 2.14 and Resolution Conf. 11.15 (the latter having repealed the former) the Secretariat has continued to communicate to the Parties lists of scientific institutions registered by the Management Authorities of some Parties. Registered institutions are entitled to the exemption for non-commercial loan, donation or exchange of museum and herbarium specimens provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention.
2. These lists were communicated with Notifications to the Parties No. 2000/011 of 31 January 2000, No. 2000/031 of 31 May 2000 and No. 2000/045 of 31 July 2000.
3. Subsequently, the Secretariat has received corrections to the information relating to Canada, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden and the United States of America.
4. The Secretariat herewith transmits to the Parties a complete current Register of scientific institutions entitled to the exemption provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention. The Secretariat does not intend to distribute further recapitulatory lists, as it has in the past. Rather, it will distribute new pages and replacement pages relating to each Party that has provided information for inclusion in the Register.
5. In accordance with the provisions of paragraph e) ii) of Resolution Conf. 11.15, the Management Authorities of Parties that have not yet done so are invited to communicate to the Secretariat as soon as practicable the names and addresses of the institutions registered and thus authorized to apply the simplified procedure provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention.
6. When communicating their lists, Management Authorities are invited to assign to each institution a three-digit number chosen at their convenience. The two additional letters of the code will be attributed by the Secretariat under the system adopted by the Conference of the Parties [see Resolution Conf. 11.15, paragraph x)].
7. The Secretariat would appreciate receiving samples of the labels used by all the Management Authorities concerned for communication to the other Parties.
8. The present Notification to the Parties supersedes the Notifications enumerated in paragraph 2 above.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|