Geneva, 16 March 2001
Forty-fifth meeting of the Standing Committee
1. On behalf of Mr Kenneth Stansell (United States of America), Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Conference of the Parties, the Secretariat hereby informs Parties that the 45th meeting of the Standing Committee is scheduled to be held in Paris, France, from 19 to 22 June 2001. It will be preceded, on 18 June, by a meeting of the Finance Subcommittee of the Standing Committee. Both meetings will take place at the following address:
Centre de conférences internationales du Ministère des affaires étrangères
19, avenue Kléber
Entrance to the Conference Centre is located on 5, rue des Portugais, very close to the Arc de Triomphe.
2. The Provisional Agenda of the 45th meeting of the Standing Committee is provided herewith.
3. Parties that are members of the Standing Committee are convened to attend its 45th meeting and the meeting of the Finance Subcommittee. Other Parties are invited to participate as observers.
4. In accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Standing Committee, all participants will be required to present official credentials, which may be submitted to the Secretariat in advance or on the first day of attendance at the meeting. The original document should be presented, not a photocopy.
5. Details of the hotels pre-booked for participants in the meeting of the Standing Committee will be circulated at a later date.
6. Please note that the Secretariat is unable to provide any financial assistance for participants other than members of the Standing Committee.
7. The Secretariat reminds Parties that their representatives may require visas. They may wish to submit a copy of this Notification together with their application.
8. Documents to be considered at this meeting must be provided to the Secretariat at least 60 days before the meeting, that is before 20 April 2001. The Secretariat cannot guarantee the translation of documents received after this date and these may be distributed at the meeting as information documents in the language in which they were received. As for meetings of the Conference of the Parties, documents submitted should not be longer than 12 pages.
Provisional Agenda (SC45 Doc.4)
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home