Geneva, 9 July 2001
Stockpiles of ramin (Gonystylus spp.) and exemption from zero export quota
1. Through Notification to the Parties No. 2001/026 of 18 May 2001 the Secretariat informed the Parties that Indonesia had requested that Gonystylus spp. be included in Appendix III, following the establishment of a zero export quota from 12 April 2001.
2. Through a decree of the Ministry of Forestry No. 168/Kpts-IV/2001 of 11 June 2001, regulations are provided for domestic and international trade in stockpiles accumulated prior to 12 April 2001. Specimens from these stockpiles may only be exported without CITES documents until 5 August 2001.
3. Parties should accept the import of such specimens only when it is demonstrated that the export from Indonesia took place before 6 August 2001.
4. From 6 August 2001, the Indonesian Management Authority will issue export permits for timber and products only if they have been proven to originate from PT. Diamond Raya Timber and its associated processing company PT. Uniseraya, which have been granted a certificate of Sustainable Forest Management. For this reason they are exempted from the zero quota that is in place for export of Gonystylus specimens in 2001.
5. The stockpiles held by these two companies total 21,034 m3 of logs, sawn wood and otherwise processed timber on 25 June 2001. The production target of PT. Diamond Raya Timber for 2001 is 48,133 m3 of logs, which will be processed through PT. Uniseraya.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|