Geneva, 9 July 2001
Checklist of CITES Species and Annotated CITES Appendices and Reservations
1. In June 2001 the CITES Secretariat and the UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC) published the Checklist of CITES Species and the Annotated CITES Appendices and Reservations, in the three working languages of the Convention. These editions replace those of 1998.
2. The Checklist of CITES Species provides the official alphabetical list of CITES species, their scientific synonyms, their common names in English, French and Spanish (to the extent that these were available to the compilers) and an indication of the Appendix in which they are listed. It also contains the current Appendices.
3. The Annotated CITES Appendices and Reservations provides information such as the Appendix in which species are listed, the year in which they were listed or transferred from one Appendix to another, whether reservations were entered and by which countries, etc.
4. Common names in the three languages have been included in the Checklist to the extent possible. Nevertheless, the publishers are aware that many common names in French and Spanish are missing. The Secretariat would very much value the assistance of the Parties in filling the gaps so that future editions are as complete as possible.
5. Copies of these two publications have been sent free of charge to the Management Authorities of the Parties directly from UNEP-WCMC.
6. Additional copies of the Checklist are available from the IUCN Publications Services Unit for GBP 28 a copy plus postage. Their details are:
IUCN Publications Services Unit
219 Huntingdon Road
CAMBRIDGE CB3 0DL
Tel: +44 (1223) 27 78 94
Fax: +44 (1223) 27 71 75
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|