Geneva, 5 November 2001
Seventh edition of CITES: A Conservation Tool, a publication by IUCN
1. The Secretariat is pleased to advise Parties that IUCN has recently sent to them a copy of the seventh edition of CITES: A Conservation Tool, A Guide to Amending the Appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
2. Each Management Authority has received this trilingual publication as a printed copy and on a CD-ROM, and each Scientific Authority on a CD-ROM only, together with a covering letter and a questionnaire.
3. This publication is also available on the IUCN website at:
or can be accessed through the CITES website by going to ‘Resources’ in the Publications section.
4. Parties that have not received this publication may contact IUCN at the following address:
IUCN/SSC Wildlife Trade Programme
219 Huntingdon Road
Tel.: +44 (1223) 27 79 66
Fax: +44 (1223) 27 78 45
5. The Secretariat takes this opportunity to thank IUCN for all the work that it has done in the past to provide scientific information and advice regarding proposed amendments to Appendices I and II.
6. The Secretariat urges the Parties to consider the questionnaire sent with this publication thoroughly and to answer it as soon as possible.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|