Geneva, 19 December 2001
Implementation of Resolution Conf. 11.13
Universal labelling system for the identification of caviar – China
1. The design of the labelling system for the identification of caviar exported from China is based on Resolution Conf. 11.13 (Universal labelling system for the identification of caviar).
2. The CITES Management Authority of China (CNMA) has designated its Harbin Branch of CNMA and the Wildlife Detecting Centre of State Forestry Administration as responsible for the production, storage, printing and affixing of labels.
3. The label for the primary containers is 14cm in length and 3 cm in width, and is printed on adhesive paper and is non-reusable. The label is fixed to the lateral sides of the container and extends to the upper and lower surfaces of the container. Any attempt to remove the label or open the tin will result in damage to the label. The CITES logo and the letters "CNMA" are pre-printed on each label and appear twice. The logo and letters on the left are in plain printing, whilst those on the right are in shaded printing to deter counterfeiting. The background of each label bears the words "People’s Republic of China". The information whose inclusion is recommended in Resolution Conf. 11.13, including grade of caviar, Acipenseriformes species code, ISO code of the country of origin, year of harvest, a unique number corresponding to the processing plant and lot identification, will be printed on the label by the authorized organizations referred to in paragraph 2 before each shipment. To distinguish sturgeon species, different colours have been used; green represents Acipenser schrencki and yellow represents Huso dauricus.
4. A unique code corresponding to the processing plant is represented by the two-letter code of the authorized exporting company plus the two-letter code of the authorized processing company.
Name list and codes for the authorized exporting and processing companies
Authorized exporting companies
Heilongjiang Huanyu Water Product Processing Co., Ltd.
China National COF Heilongjiang Cereal, Oil & Foodstuffs I/E Corp.
Jiamusi Import and Export Corp.
China Harbin International Corporation for Technical and Economic Cooperation
Dalian Free Trade Zone Zhongke International Trade Co., Ltd.
Authorized processing companies
Heilongjiang Fuyuan County Aquatic Product and Can Affiliated Company
Caviar Processing Plant of Heilongjiang No. 290 Farm
No. 414 of Aquatic Product Processing Vessel of Heilongjiang Tongjiang Aquatic Product Supply and Marketing Company
Caviar Processing Plant of Aquatic Product Company of Heilongjiang Qindeli Farm
5. Owing to the complexity of applying a lot identification number to labels, the lot identification number used for caviar exports in the year 2001 will refer to the consecutive number of tins of caviar exported. Such serial numbers will be allocated by CNMA.
6. The label for the secondary container is 17 cm in length and 6 cm in width, is similar to that used for primary containers in terms of design and use, and includes a description of the content. However, both CITES logos and the letters "CNMA" on the right side of the label are in shaded printing to deter counterfeiting.
7. Examples of each type of label are being distributed with this Notification.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|