Geneva, 9 April 2002
Sponsored Delegates Project
1. The Secretariat started seeking funds for the Sponsored Delegates Project for the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties in September 2001. This fundraising initiative is intended to assist Parties that are among the least developed countries, other developing countries and countries with economies in transition to participate in this meeting, to be held in Santiago, Chile, from 3 to 15 November 2002.
2. As a result of fundraising initiatives to date, USD 226,326 is currently available for this project. This is sufficient to enable the Secretariat to support the travel of two delegates from each of 23 Parties. Unless additional funds are raised, the Secretariat will not be able to assist all Parties that are among the least developed countries, and other developing countries and countries with economies in transition to be able to participate in this meeting.
3. The Secretariat therefore requests once again all States and organizations that might be able to provide financial support for this project to inform the Secretariat as soon as possible of their intention to contribute to the project.
4. Parties that require financial support for the travel of their representatives are requested to contact the Secretariat and indicate their need for financial assistance, indicating whether support is requested for one or two representatives.
5. These Parties are also requested to indicate whether additional representatives will be funded at the country’s expense.
6. The deadline for requesting financial assistance is 15 May 2002. Only Parties that have submitted a request for financial assistance on or before this date will be considered.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|