Geneva, 9 April 2002
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN
Implementation of Resolution Conf. 11.13
Universal labelling system for the identification of caviar
1. In accordance with Resolution Conf. 11.13 (Universal labelling system for the identification of caviar), the CITES Sturgeon Management Authority of the Islamic Republic of Iran has designed labels that will be used to authenticate caviar exports.
2. The labels are coloured blue, yellow and red to indicate Beluga, Asetra (Oscetra) and Sevruga respectively. Labels bear the CITES logo in the top right hand corner and the logo of the Shilat Trading Corporation in the top left hand corner. Labels are made from a synthetic, non-reusable material, which will be damaged if any attempt is made to remove them. The labels bear the information recommended in Resolution Conf. 11.13.
3. Blue labels will be used for shipments of Huso huso. Yellow labels will be used for Acipenser gueldenstaedtii, A. nudiventris and A. persicus. Red labels will be used for A. stellatus and for pressed caviar, which consists of caviar from a mixture of species.
4. In addition to the use of labels, each tin of Iranian caviar (which are of either 1 or 1.8 kg in weight) is enclosed in plastic netting. The netting is sealed on each side of the tin by a special metal seal, which is coloured blue, yellow or red, depending on the type of caviar, and matching the label colour. One side of the seal bears the logo of the Shilat Trading Corporation and the other bears a serial number. If any attempt is made to remove the seal, it will split into two pieces.
5. Examples of the labels, netting and seals are being distributed as annexes to this Notification.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|