Geneva, 9 April 2002
1. Article VIII, paragraph 7 (a), of the Convention requires Parties to submit annual reports on trade in specimens of the species included in Appendices I, II and III.
2. In Resolution Conf. 11.17, the Conference of the Parties to the Convention:
URGES all Parties to submit their annual reports required under the provisions of Article VIII, paragraph 7 (a), of the Convention in accordance with the ‘Guidelines for the preparation and submission of CITES annual reports’ distributed by the Secretariat with Notification to the Parties No. 788 dated 10 March 1994, as may be amended by the Secretariat from time to time with the concurrence of the Standing Committee.
3. The Guidelines distributed with Notification to the Parties No. 788 were replaced by a revised version that was distributed with Notification to the Parties No. 1999/85 of 5 November 1999.
4. At the 45th meeting of the Standing Committee (Paris, 19-22 June 2001), the Secretariat proposed a revision of the above-mentioned guidelines. This was intended primarily to incorporate amendments already agreed at the 11th meeting of the Conference of the Parties and to take into account recommendations made by the Animals Committee in connection with the reporting of trade in sturgeon specimens. The Standing Committee approved the revision. The Secretariat delayed transmitting the revised version as further amendments were expected at the 46th meeting. However, no further amendments were proposed at that meeting.
5. The Secretariat therefore transmits to the Parties herewith the revised ‘Guidelines for the preparation and submission of CITES annual reports’.
6. This Notification replaces Notification to the Parties No. 1999/85 of 5 November 1999.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|