Geneva, 24 June 2002
Documents for the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties
1. The Conference of the Parties recommends, in Resolution Conf. 4.6 (Rev.), that "the text of any documents for consideration at a meeting of the Conference of the Parties be communicated to the Secretariat at least 150 days before the meeting".
2. Article XV, paragraph 1 (a), of the Convention requires that proposals to amend Appendices I and II be communicated to the Secretariat at least 150 days before the next meeting of the Conference of the Parties.
3. Consequently the deadline for the submission of documents for consideration at the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties, including proposals to amend Appendices I and II of the Convention, was 6 June 2002.
4. To ensure that the Parties are able to examine the proposals and other documents that were received before the deadline with the minimum of delay, copies of them are being sent (to Parties only) with this Notification, in the language in which they were received by the Secretariat. To Parties that are receiving these documents in a language other than the one that they usually use in CITES, printed copies of the translated versions will be sent as soon as they are available.
5. The list of proposals for amendment of Appendices I and II was communicated to the Parties through the diplomatic channel on 17 June 2002. This list is attached to the present Notification, as well as the list of other documents received by the Secretariat.
6. Electronic versions of the proposals and other documents are being placed on the CITES Secretariat’s website (http://www.cites.org) and can be downloaded from there. The final versions of these documents and the translations into the other working languages of the Convention will be placed on the website as soon as they are available.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|