Geneva, 7 February 2003
Forty-ninth meeting of the Standing Committee
- On behalf of Mr K. Stansell (United States of America), Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Conference of the Parties, the Secretariat hereby informs the Parties that the 49th meeting of the Standing Committee is scheduled to be held in Geneva, Switzerland, from 22 to 25 April 2003. The meeting will take place at the following address:
Centre international de conférences de Genève (CICG)
Rue de Varembé 15
1211 GENEVA 20
- The provisional Agenda of the meeting of the Standing Committee will be sent with a subsequent Notification.
- Parties that are members of the Standing Committee are convened to attend its 49th meeting. Other Parties are invited to participate as observers. The Registration form attached should be returned no later than 7 April 2003 to allow time for the reproduction of documents.
- In accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Standing Committee, all participants will be required to present official credentials, which may be submitted to the Secretariat in advance or on the first day of attendance at the meeting.
- Details of the hotels pre-booked for participants in the meeting of the Standing Committee are attached to this Notification in the Hotel booking form.
- Participants who will represent Parties that are members of the Standing Committee should return the completed Hotel booking form to the Secretariat no later than 22 March 2003 in order to allow time for appropriate arrangements to be made.
- Observer Parties and organizations should send the completed Hotel booking form to the hotel of their choice no later than 22 March 2003, as pre-booked rooms will not be guaranteed after this date. However, participants choosing the Mon Repos Hotel only should send their completed Hotel booking form to the Secretariat by this date.
- Please note that the Secretariat is unable to provide any financial assistance for participants other than representatives of Parties that are members of the Standing Committee.
- The Secretariat reminds Parties that their representatives may require visas. They may wish to submit a copy of this Notification together with their visa application.
- Documents to be considered at this meeting must be provided to the Secretariat at least 60 days before the meeting, that is by 21 February 2003. The Secretariat cannot guarantee the translation of documents received after this date and these may be distributed at the meeting as information documents only and in the language in which they were received. As for meetings of the Conference of the Parties, documents submitted should not be longer than 12 pages.
- In accordance with Rule 6, paragraph 2, of the Rules of Procedure, any person or body wishing to participate in a meeting of the Committee as an observer, in accordance with paragraph 1 of the same Rule, shall submit the Registration form to the Secretariat at least one month before the meeting, that is by 22 March 2003, together with relevant information with regard to the technical qualifications of the person or body and approval of the State in which the body is located. The Secretariat will forward the request and the relevant information to the Chairman and the members of the Committee.
- A copy of the Rules of Procedure of the Standing Committee adopted at its 47th meeting is provided with this Notification.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|