Geneva, 18 November 2003
Withdrawal of recommendation to suspend trade
1. In Notification to the Parties No. 2003/065 of 31 October 2003, the Secretariat advised Parties that the recommendation of the Conference of the Parties that all Parties refuse any import from or export or re-export to Fiji of specimens of CITES-listed species was renewed and provided the explanation for this.
2. On 7 November 2003, Fiji gazetted its Endangered and Protected Species Regulations (2003). The Secretariat received a copy of the regulations the same day and has determined that Fiji now has adequate legislation for implementing the Convention.
3. On 12 November 2003, Fiji provided final details of its coral export quotas. The Secretariat has verified these quotas and published them on the CITES website.
4. Accordingly, the recommendation to suspend trade with Fiji is definitively withdrawn from the date of this Notification.
5. This Notification replaces Notification to the Parties 2003/065.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|